The State Bank of India is the conducting body for all SBI exams and is one of the most sought after jobs in the country. For candidates willing to join SBI for the post of an Officer or Clerk must be entirely prepared to qualify the exam in a single attempt.
The past few years have witnessed a massive increase in the number of applicants applying for the SBI Clerk exam. The SBI exam for the post of Clerk is conducted in two stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
Since the competition has increased, candidates preparing for the SBI Clerk exam must try not making mistakes which may result in not being able to exam the exam. In this article, there is a list of mistakes that candidates tend to make while preparing or attempting the SBI Clerk exam.
Given below are the mistakes that candidates must avoid doing while preparing for the SBI exam:
- Mostly Aspirants do not follow a strategised plan while preparing for the bank exams. This is a wrong practice. One must always plan a strategy and sought a time table before they start preparing for the exam.
- Give equal time for preparing each section in the paper. Candidates mostly pay more attention to the subject they are more confident of solving and scoring and end up losing marks in the sections which are not their strengths. This reduces the overall marks scored in the paper.
- Since all SBI exams conducted follow a negative marking scheme, candidates must never make guesses while solving the paper. The penalty of 0.25 marks is a major loss for candidates when their final marks are calculated. So never mark the answer to questions which you are not sure about.
- Make sure that proper revision is done. Do not make the mistake of just practising any topic just once and not revising it before the final exam. The syllabus for SBI Clerk exam is comprehensive and candidates preparing for the exam must not skip revising the chapters as not revising may create confusion a day before the exam.
- Not solving mock tests and practise papers is another mistake that many candidates end up doing. Make sure that before appearing for the final exam, proper time is devoted to solving previous year question papers and mock tests. This increases efficiency and speed to solve questions.
- General Awareness is one section that candidates mostly don’t pay much attention to and this is a big mistake. The General Awareness section is the most scoring section and requires no calculations or solutions, so preparing this section well make help in increasing the overall marks scored in the exam.
So for candidates preparing for the SBI Clerk exam, must avoid the above-mentioned mistakes as avoiding these mistakes may help them in qualifying the SBI exam in the very first attempt.