COMEDK preparation tips: COMEDK or Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental, Karnataka is an entrance exam that grants admissions in around twenty thousand seats of colleges in Karnataka. This includes medical, engineering and dental programmes offered by more than 14 medical colleges, 25 dental colleges and 150 engineering colleges of Karnataka under the umbrella of Association of Medical, Dental and Engineering Colleges (AMDEC) run by the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation (KPCF) Trust. This year, AMDEC has released the online application form of COMEDK UGET 2019 on January 16. The last date to apply for COMEDK UGET 2019 is April 19. Following is a bunch of COMEDK preparation tips that will come handy to you in your preparation.
COMEDK preparation tips:
- In-depth knowledge about COMEDK: All your examinations are constructed to meet the needs of the institutions it caters to. Different institutions have different criteria for selecting students and hence conduct separate exams. One of the easily ignored COMEDK preparation tips is to know about your exam in and out. Know the syllabus, keep it handy somewhere. Knowing and understanding the pattern of the examination and types of questions is a must for your preparation.
- Begin with a set time-table: This is your holy grail in your COMEDK exam preparation. Your time-table is your pathway to achieving your goal. Make sure all your breaks, leisure, etc. is also accounted for in this schedule of yours. Your schedule could be subject-wise, or a mixture of many subjects slotted according to mixed difficulty levels. Consider the fact that human attention span on an average is between 40 mins to an hour, so any slot you mark should not exceed this without a break or you lose your focus.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses:Your best of the COMEDK preparation tips is strictly governed by self-analysis. Nobody knows your study requirements better than you. If you fail to find loopholes in your concepts or shy away from revisiting your mistakes, it is not going to do you any good. Knowing your weaknesses allows you to work on your weak concepts, so ask doubts and probe further into concepts.
- Practice:One cannot stress enough how practice is your only biggest key to turn your dream of getting into a great college into a reality. COMEDK exam preparation requires you understanding all the different variety of questions that could be thrown your way. You should have the answers at the tip of your fingers, such should be your practice. It shouldn’t even take you long to identify the methodology to solve a question. Say, for example, you need to apply a certain formula to your Physics numerical, you should have practiced so many of such a type that remembering the physics equation or formula happens intrinsically. It shouldn’t even take time. Practicing questions from different sources also gives you confidence for the actual exam.
- Solve plenty of previous year question papers: Remember to go through your previous years’ papers because what better way to gauze the exam pattern, difficulty level, etc. than to actually solve them. Collect previous COMEDK exam questions papers and start solving them. Always remember to go back to your COMEDK answer key to compare and definitely remember your learnings from it. Make a note of all the topics you are weak in and concentrate more on those topics.
- Revise:We cannot stress enough how important is a revision. Memory is a tricky thing and we don’t always have it as expected. Writing notes on the go not only re-installs the points in your mind, but it also makes a great handy place for revising formulae, deviations, equations, and important points. Some students stick the periodic table, important formulae on the wall. Make sure to glimpse over that every day. These could be mathematical formulae or important chemical reactions; basically, anything that is important and is expected to be remembered for the exam. In the last minute, you won’t really have time to go over the entire concepts but just these notes. Your COMEDK exam preparation comes full circle only when you do both short revisions and long revisions at the end of your preparation.
COMEDK 2018 paper analysis:
COMEDK 2018 Marking Scheme was as below:
Each correct answer was for 1 mark. There is no negative marking in COMEDK exam.
Difficulty Level of COMEDK exam
The COMEDK exam was of moderate difficulty according to most of the students. Mathematics’ section was the most difficult of them all. Physics was the easiest section between all the 4 sections. Chemistry was on the easier side. English section was a bit tougher than the last year but if we fair it on the CBSE scale, it was quite easy. According to most candidates, questions were more based on CBSE textbooks.
COMEDK counselling happens so you can finally get to know what all colleges and courses are in your options. There is a certain procedure to go about it. They require you to carry a few documents and you are required to complete any remaining fee payment before the counselling date. We’d like to point out another one of the COMEDK preparation tips that while you are preparing, do not worry about the branches or such. It is good to have a rough understanding of what you would like to pursue, but do not fret over it all. You will surely be taken care of in the counselling process. Below are the documents you have to carry to your counselling centre:
- Class 12thMark sheet
- COMEDK Test Score Card
- Valid Photo ID proof
- Valid Parents’ Photo ID proof
- Caste certificates for reserved candidates
- COMEDK 2017 Admit Card
- Pass certificates for 10th& 12th Standard
In case you are wondering which all ID proofs are valid for COMEDK counselling, find them all below:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
- Bank Passbook with photograph attested by the bank manager
- Class 12thattested admit card
- Driving License
How does COMEDK Counselling happen?
- Choices that you fill in your counselling form are your starting point.
- No request for a change in the choice filling will be entertained after the submission. So, we always advise for candidates to talk to a lot of professors, educationalists and such.
- For each preference that is entered by the candidate, the admission authorities will check for availability of general merit seats, then HKR seats, then Christian –Karnataka Seat and then Telugu Seat based on the preference entered by the candidates.
- For a candidate who has been allotted and accepts a minority/HKR, it is mandatory to produce all the applicable documents for the said minority/HKR category. If a candidate fails to produce the documents, the seat allotted will stand canceled and he/she will have no claim.
- If the seats in any of the categories are not available for that particular preference entered by the candidate, then admission authorities will look at seats in the next preference order. So is the process of COMEDK counselling.